How to Re-Flashing Lenovo S890, S890_S111 ROW Firmware – Flashing original stock ROM is something that we must know when we wanna modified Android devices. Because every problem that we found when modified Android devices can be solve by re flashing it original ROM. Today i am gone posting a guide on how to re flashing Lenovo S890 with ROW firmware, this is a multi language firmware with google applications already include. This is an International official ROM, so it guarantee there is no bug on this ROM.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- Build Number : S890_ROW_S111
- Date : 02/01/2013
- OS : Android 4.1.1
- Languages : Russian, English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesia
- S890_ROW_S111_130201 ↦ This download required you to login, If you don’t have any username or password you can use see at About Android Rookies page
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ this need to be install before starting follow the guide, Turn off your device and remove the battery. Then connect it to your computer, while you are look for MTxx Preloader at Device Manager this will appear for second then disappear so if you cannot find it just disconnect your device and connect it again. When you already found it right click on it and Update Driver point to USB VCOM Driver. When it finish installing the driver just open My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager look for Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port
- Download all required files, Actually you just only need to download S890_ROW_S111_130201, because it contain flash tool and USB VCOM driver but i need to describe it so i separate it on download section.
- Extract S890_ROW_S111_130201 to your computer.
- Go to SP Flash Tool folder and run Flash Tool, if you are using windows 7 then run it with administrator privilege. Tick on DA DL All with Check Sum option, this is an important options you will get error if this not tick. Click on Scatter-Loading button point it to S890_ROW_S111_130201/target_bin/MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt when you select it this will load all image file to SP Flash Tool so yo don’t need to insert it one by one.
- When all finish set now press Download button or hit F9, SP Flash Tool will start initializing for a minutes then it will on stand by mode waiting for device to be connect to computer.
- Turn off your device, remove the battery then connect your device to computer. If USB VCOM Driver is installing successful then SP Flash Tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process. Flashing process mark by RED, YELLOW and GREEN Bar bellow the SP Flash Tool, when it finish it will be mark with GREEN Circle in the middle of SP Flash Tool
- Now you can disconnect your device, and you already successful flashing S890_ROW_S111_130201 on your Lenovo S890, confirm it with go to System Setting ↦ About Phone.