Here is how you can play any YouTube video in the background on your Android Smartphone?
Almost everyone using YouTube on Android Smartphones know that YouTube does not allow us to play the app in the background. There are multiple ways that you can play a video on YouTube in the background, some of them use a rooted smartphone that gives access to YouTube vanced, while the non-rooted Android users cannot do that. You all know the background playback option is available on most of the popular audio streaming apps like Spotify, SoundCloud, etc.
YouTube is an American online video-sharing platform headquartered in San Bruno, California. Three former PayPal employees-Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim—created the service in February 2005. Google bought the site in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion; YouTube now operates as one of Google’s subsidiaries.
YouTube offers users to subscribe to its premium version to enable the background playback feature. Moreover, the premium YouTube supports only audio in the background playback. However, in this article, you will see how you can play a YouTube video in the background on your Android Smartphone.
How to play a YouTube video in the background on Android smartphones?
It is recommended to use the Google Chrome browser for playing YouTube video in the background
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- In the URL box search go to m.youtube.com and search your favorite video.
- At the right upper corner tap on the ‘three horizontal dots’
- In the dropdown list, enable the ‘Desktop Site’ option
- By selecting Desktop site option it will enable your YouTube on Desktop mode
- Just lock your device and go to the lock screen.
- On the lock screen, you will be able to see the media control box of YouTube. You can either pause or switch tracks from the lock screen.
- Boom!!! Your Youtube video is running in the background of your Android Smartphone.
This is how you can enable the background playback feature for YouTube on your Android Smartphone. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by subscribing to our newsletter from here.