Here is how you can live stream on YouTube using OBS Studio on Windows 10
Open Broadcaster Software is a free and open-source software suite for recording and live streaming. Written in C, C++, and Qt, OBS provides real-time source and device capture, scene composition, encoding, recording, and broadcasting. Transmission of data is primarily done via the Real-Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP) and can be sent to any RTMP supporting destination, including many presets for streaming websites such as YouTube, Twitch, Instagram, and Facebook.
As of 2016, the software is now referred to as OBS Studio There are versions of OBS Studio available for Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux distributions. OBS is funded on Open Collective. There are multiple Softwares that you can use but OBS Studio can be said the most popular one and also easy to use. So in this article, we will give a tutorial on how you can live stream on YouTube using OBS Studio on your Windows 10 PC.
How to Live Stream on YouTube using OBS Studio?
Note: For live streaming on YouTube you need to enable your accounts’ Live Stream feature which takes 24hrs for approval. To enable the live stream feature Login >> Click on Upload >> Click on Go Live >> follow the instruction >> Done. Wait for 24hrs to get approved.
After enabling the feature you need to download the OBS Studio software from here. Run the installer and give it permission to make changes. Follow the instructions and select your installation path and click on the install button. After the installation, the OBS Studio will be opened. Follow the below steps carefully after opening the OBS Studio.
- Run the Auto-Configuration Wizard by clicking the “Yes” button.
- Select ‘Optimize for streaming, the recording is a secondary option’ and click next.
- Continue with the default options visible and clicking “Next”
- Now change the Service to ‘YouTube’ and click ‘Next
- Click on the ‘Get Stream Key’ option. It will take you to your own YouTube Studio Home Page where the stream key will be available.
- Reveal and Copy the Stream Key. Paste it on the installation window and click ‘Next’.
- Apply the settings
Now to live stream on YouTube follow the below steps:
- Press the ‘+’ button on the OBS studio and select the “Windows Capture” option and give a name.
- On Clicking ‘OK’, you will have to select the ‘Window’ you want to capture.
- Open your browser and go to your YouTube Page and click the ‘Go Live’ option.
- You will be redirected to YouTube Studio Control Room and now have to configure the settings.
- After this, click the “Create Stream” option that is there below these configure settings.
- Now Copy the “Stream Key” again.
- Come back to OBS. Select the File->Settings option. Go to ‘Stream’ and paste the new “Stream Key”.
- Click on the Start Streaming option on OBS.
- Return to your browser where the YouTube Studio Control Room is opened. Click the ‘Go Live’ option.
- Done!!! You are now Live on YouTube!!!
This is how you can use the OBS Studio to Live Stream on YouTube. If you find any difficulties while setting up the OBS Studio, do mention in the comment section below. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by subscribing to our newsletter from here.