How to Installing Jelly Bean on Lenovo S860 ROW Version – Android KitKat for Lenovo S860 already launched with for ROW version or CN version, but today i will post a guide how to install or flashing Lenovo S860 with Android Jelly Bean (4.2.2) because sometime Android Jelly Bean is more easy to root, modified IMEI or maybe need to fix to maintenance your device. This guide is only for Lenovo S860 with 2 GB RAM, for Lenovo S860 with 1 GB RAM please refer to Flashing Lenovo S860 with CN version Firmware S860_S122.
This guide is installing your device with new operating system so this guide will erase all your data on device and have possibility to brick your device, so please do backup preparations first before starting to follow this guide.
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S860_ROW_S116_140405
- Date : 04-05-2014
- OS : Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : No
- S860_ROW_S116_140405 ↦ 1.03 GB, contains all required files to downgrade or upgrade your Lenovo S860 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ flash tool need to flashing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean to your device, optional download already include on ROM download.
How to Installing Jelly Bean on Lenovo S860 ROW Version S860_ROW_S116
- Download all required files and save it on the same folder, before continued to the next step please make sure that USB VCOM driver is already completely installed on your computer, without this flash tool will not recognize your device.
- Extract ROM download and you will find target_bin and flash_tool folders, only need these 2 folders and ignore the other.
- Go to flash tool folder and run flash_tool.exe, if you are running windows 7 or later please run this using administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool please give check on DA DL All with Checksum option and then click on Scatter-Loading button, point it on target_bin/MT6582_Android_scatter.txt this will load all images required to flashing Lenovo S860 to flash tool.
- Finish configure all, now you can click Download button or hit F9, flash tool will begin initialize the ROM and get ready to make connection to your device. Wait until flash tool become stand by
- Turn off your device, because Lenovo S860 using non removable battery you must make sure it completely turn off before connect your device to computer. Wait 10-20 seconds after turning off your device, now connect your device to your computer using USB cable.
- Flash tool will begin recognize your device and starting the flashing process, the flashing process will take 5-6 minutes to finish. It finish when you can see GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool.
- Done, Now you can disconnect your device and try to boot it, first boot will take longer around 4-5 minutes to complete, please be more patient. Verify the build number on the System Settings ↦ About Phone ↦ Build Number make sure it same with the download file.
- Now you need to do factory reset and set your home country, open Dialer and dial #### 682 #, the phone will be reboot and apply country code to recovery. After completely start open Dialer again and dial ####8888## this will do factory reset.