How to Installing Custom Recovery TWRP v220.127.116.11 for Lenovo S820 4/8 GB – Custom recovery is as important as ROM it self, on custom recovery you can do a lot useful thing from backup, restore, partition your sd card, until installing custom ROM. Change custom recovery is you must to do next after ROOTED your device, Therefore today i am gone post a guide to install custom recovery TWRP v18.104.22.168 to Lenovo S820. TWRP v22.214.171.124 is a Touch screen custom recovery so it can use your device touch screen to navigate along the menus, so it will make you easy to operate it. This guide is can be use to Lenovo S820 4 GB and Lenovo S820 8 GB but only who use ROW (International) ROM only, Read careful and do with careful.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- Backup your current ROM, For easy full backup do backup with MtkDroidTool. If you don’t know how to do that please refer to How to Make Full Backup For MediaTek device
- Please install Lenovo USB Driver and make sure it work.
- Download and install SP Drivers v1.5, this is not an executable drivers so you must install it manual to install it just connect your phone on off position, when your computer ask for a driver point it to SP Drivers v1.5 extracted folder.
- Download all necessary files and place it on one folder, for easy organize. Download file TWRP v126.96.36.199 which fit to your firmware, ROW and CN have different partition table so need to be use the right TWRP v188.8.131.52
- Extract all downloaded file, and you will have SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183 extracted folder and TWRP v184.108.40.206 extracted folder. Now go to SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183 extracted folder and run Flash_Tool
- On Flash_Tool tick DA DL All with Check Sum this option is very important please don’t forget to tick it. Click on Scatter-loading and navigate to TWRP v220.127.116.11target_bin select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt this file load any other file on the Flash_Tool.
- Now press Download Button or hit F9, wait for initializing process just for a few seconds.
- Turn off your device and remove the battery, Connect your device to your computer and then attach the battery again. If you has successful install the drivers than SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183 will recognize your device and begin the custom recovery flashing process.
- Flashing process will be start immediately and the progress bar will shown on the bottom of SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183, Progress bar will be start with RED, Yellow and will ended by Green Circle in the middle of SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183. This means your flashing is already finish and you can disconnect your device.
- Done, now you already finish flashing custom recovery to your device. To confirm it go to Recovery Mode by pressing and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down. explorer it and try install SuperSu with recovery mode.