How to Install Vibe UI 2.0 on Lenovo S920 include with Gapps 1443 – Today i will posting about installing china version firmware on Lenovo S920, this china firmware already modified so it will fit with Lenovo S920 international or europe version and it already include Google Applications so you will not bother to install it.
This guide need some requirements to fulfill, without it you cannot install Vibe UI 2.0 on your Lenovo S920. This guide will erase your current operating system and installing a new operating system so please make backup preparation first before start following this guide, once erase there is no way to restore it back.
This guide also has possibility to brick your device so please consider it before decide to following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
- because Vibe UI 2.0 is china version firmware so it only can installed from china version firmware, look at System Setting ↦ Software Information ↦ About Device if Build Number contains ROW than you need to convert your firmware to china version. download S920_S141_130614 and install with flash tool. extract the files replace recovery.img with TWRP_184.108.40.206_Lenovo_S920CN_FT and delete or rename checksum.ini inside the extracted folder
- need custom recovery on china firmware, so if you already have china version firmware then you need to have custom recovery installed on your device, download TWRP_220.127.116.11_Lenovo_S920CN_FT and install with flash tool method.
- VIBEUI_V2.0_1443_7.25.1_ST ↦ 637 Mb, this is Vibe UI 2.0 file that can only be install with custom recovery through recovery mode.
- If you manage to get to this step, i am assume you already success install china firmware version with custom recovery on your Lenovo S920, the rest of this step is very easy to follow.
- Download the Vibe UI 2.0 files and move or copy to your external SD Card, better copy it to the root of your external SD Card don’t inside the folder.
- Turn off your device and boot to recovery mode, press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down button release it until you can see TWRP main menu.
- Select Wipe ↦ Swipe to wipe, recommended to do factory reset or wipe before installing the ROM.
- Back to main menu and select Install ↦ Select Zip to Install ↦ browse it to external SD Card and the select VIBEUI_V2.0_1443_7.25.1_ST, just Swipe to Install
- Wait the process until finish, back to main menu again do Wipe ↦ Swipe to wipe, now after do factory reset you can Reboot System and do normal boot
- Done, first booting will take longer than usually so be patience. Confirm that you already successful install Vibe UI 2.0 on Lenovo S920