How to Install TWRP v2.6.30 Custom Recovery for Lenovo S650 – This guide will show you step by step how to install TWRP v2.6.30 custom recovery to your Lenovo S650. For installing custom recovery the only condition is your device must has been ROOTED, and for your information this only work with Android 4.2.2 or lower. For Vibe ui v1.5 who has used Android 4.4.2 this guide will not work and will just brick your device. This guide will use SP Flash Tool method, this method is like and MTK devices mandatory method so if your device is MTK get used to it.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- Backup your current ROM, For full backup use MtkDroidTool, if you don’t know how to do please refer to How to Make Full Backup For MediaTek device
- Download and install Lenovo USB Driver to your computer, Windows 8 maybe get some problem when installing the driver, please disable driver signature.
- Download and install SP Drivers v1.5 to your computer, this installation need to be done manually because it has not any exe file. Connect your phone in off position, your computer will detect any unknown hardware and will ask for driver navigate it to SP Drivers v1.5 extracted folder.
- Download all needed files and extract it to one folder. When your firmware is CN then download TWRP for CN, if you wrong flashed then it can make your device bricked so be careful.
- Go to SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183 extracted folder and run Flash Tool using administrator privileges, tick on DA DL With All Check Sum this is an important option don’t forget it. Click on Scatter-Loading button and select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt from TWRP v2.6.30 extracted folder.
- When all already prepare then press Download Button or hit F9, Confirm all warning and do recovery flashing process.
- Now turn off your device and remove the battery, connect to your computer and connect the battery again. If you has successful install SP Drivers v1.5 then on few seconds the SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183 will recognize your device and start recovery flashing process.
- Progress bar will be shown on the bottom of SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183 begin with RED, YELLOW and ended with GREEN circle in the middle of SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183. When you see the GREEN circle that mean you can disconnect your device.
- Done, Now your device will reboot automatically and will start normally, Confirm it by go to Recovery Mode by pressing and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down.