Here is how you can download and install the new OxygenOS 11 based Android 11 on your OnePlus 8 smartphone?
Today OnePlus has brought-in Open Beta 1 based on Android 11 for OnePlus 8 series smartphones. Meanwhile, OnePlus also thanked Google for working with them closely to bring the latest version of OxygenOS with the last developer preview version.
With Android 11 on top, the company said that now the OnePlus users can experience a faster and smoother with new design elements that add a bit of boldness to stock Android. Oneplus also revealed with the new update the one-handed operation becomes easier and intuitive that gives you a better and more beautiful overall experience. Let’s take a look at the key specifications of OxygenOS 11.
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Brand new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now
- Optimized the brightness bar display in the status bar, enabling you to quickly adjust it by pulling down quick settings.
- Game space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Screen Recorder at one place (Enable it by swiping down from the upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Ambient display
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule / All day option included. Path: Settings – Display – Ambient Display.
- Added 10 new clock styles. Path: Settings – Customization – Clock Style
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to phone usage data. ( To set: Settings>Customization>Clock Style)
- Dark mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range.
- Zen Mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, Zen space1, Zen space2), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Supporting the Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
How to install OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 (Android 11) on your OnePlus smartphone?
- The new update is now only released for OnePlus 8/8 Pro smartphone
- Make sure the battery level is above 30%
- Your smartphone must have a minimum of 3GB of available storage space
How to upgrade from Stable official version to Open Beta Version via local OTA Update:
Note: This upgrade method will not erase data but please be sure to backup first.
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.
This is how you can update your OnePlus 8/8Pro Android Smartphone to the latest OxygenOS 11 beta 1 based on Android 11. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by following us on Google News.