How to download and install recently launched iOS 14 beta on your Apple iPhone?
As you all know for the first time in history Apple conducted its WWDC event online and announced its upcoming technologies. The company launched its new iOS version in the beta mode known as iOS 14 for its iPhone’s. According to the company, iOS 14 will come with multiple new features and improvements including no full-screen calls, New App Library, and much more.
Apple has announced the beta version of iOS 14 but has a drawback that it is only available for developers. That means a normal user cannot install the beta version of the iOS 14 for now. However, if a user cannot wait for the update and want to experience the iOS 14 update, then they can sign up to be an Apple developer by paying a small fee.
According to some resources, it is said that the public beta for iOS 14 will be released in mid of July which will be available over the globe. Well, the upcoming iOS 14 will support only the following models so make a note of it if you are signing up for the developer account.
iOS 14 compatible Apple smartphones:
- iPhone 6s & 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (2016)
- iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 & 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS & XS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2020)
- …plus obviously the iPhone 12, 12 Max, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max will all come with iOS 14 preinstalled.
How to download and install iOS 14 beta on your Apple iPhone?
- To download the iOS 14 beta version on your Apple iPhone you need to sign up for the developer account using this link, You’ll need an Apple ID and personal documentation, and yes, to pay a roughly $99 annual fee to sign up.
- After signing up it is recommended to take a backup of your Apple iPhone.
- To get Apple’s software before it’s officially launched, you’ll have to download the profile to the compatible device you’ll run the beta on from here and download the beta profile.
- Once this profile is downloaded, you’ll need to manually install it.
- GO TO Settings > General > Profile, then select the Profile Downloaded.
- Once the iOS 14 beta profile is installed, scroll down to General and select Software Update
- Download the iOS 14 update (about 5GB), Note: Plugin your device while installing the update.
This is how you can download and experience the iOS 14 beta on your Apple iPhone, buying a developer account it is compulsory to review the developer update to get eligible for further updates and renewal of the account.
iOS 14 features:
- Compatibility with all devices able to run iOS 13
- Home screen redesign with widgets
- New App Library
- App Clips
- No full-screen calls
- Privacy enhancements
- Translate app
- Cycling and EV routes
For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned at Android Rookies by subscribing to our newsletter from here