The complete guide for installing Fortnite on your Android Smartphone
Fortnite is an online video game developed by Epic Games and released in 2017. It is available in three distinct game mode versions that otherwise share the same general gameplay and game engine: Fortnite: Save the World, a cooperative shooter-survival game for up to four players to fight off zombie-like creatures and defend objects with fortifications they can build. Fortnite Battle Royale, a free-to-play battle royale game where up to 100 players fight to be the last person standing; and Fortnite Creative, where players are given complete freedom to create worlds and battle arenas.
Save the World and Battle Royale were released in 2017 as early access titles, while Creative was released on December 6, 2018. Save the World is available only for Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, while Battle Royale and Creative released for all those platforms, and also for Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android devices. The game is expected to also launch with the release of the next-generation PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X consoles.
There are multiple Android smartphones that are eligible for downloading Fortnite but shows not available on your device when users try to download. In this article, we will show you how you can download Fortnite on your Android Smartphone. There are two ways to download Fortnite on your Android Smartphone one is from Google Play Store and the other is from the official Epic Games App.
Before downloading Fortnite just check that your Android Smartphone supports the following requirements:
Requirements for downloading Fortnite on your Android Smartphone
- Android 8.0 or higher
- 3GB of free onboard storage
- At least 4GB of system RAM
- GPU requirements: Qualcomm Adreno 530 or higher, ARM Mali-G71 MP20, ARM Mali-G72 MP12 or higher
Note: Android Smartphones failing to qualify the above requirements cannot download Fortnite officially on their devices.
How to download Fortnite from Google Play Store:
Well, Play Store comes Pre-installed in every Android Smartphone so just search for the Fortnite app in the Play Store and click install and wait for the app to get download and install. Once downloaded and installed you can launch the game and play!
In some cases, the Google play store hides the application if your device is not eligible for installing the app. If you think that your device is eligible and the app is not showing up on the Google Play you can get redirected from here to download Fortnite from Play Store.
How to download Fortnite from Epic Games app:
To install any game from Epic Game app you need to download Epic Game installer first. here is the complete guide for downloading Epic Game installer on your Android Smartphone
- Goto Epic Games official Website from here
- Click on get the Epic Games app.
- You will see a warning claiming that this type of file can harm your device. Tap on “OK” to proceed anyway.
- You will then see the EpicGamesApp.apk file downloaded. Tap on the “Open” link.
- Finally, you will be asked by the Epic Games app itself if you want to install it. Tap on the “Install” option to do so.
- The Epic Games app should now be installed on your Android smartphone.
After downloading Epic Game App now lets download Fortnite using below steps:
- Tap on the newly installed Epic Games App icon on your phone.
- You should see a big banner for Fortnite, along with the only other Epic Games Android game, Battle Breakers. Tap on the Fortnite banner.
- You should see something pop up asking you to install the game. Tap on the “Install” button.
- You should see the button turn into a progress bar as the app downloads and installs Fortnite.
- Finally, the app will show you two buttons; one to uninstall Fortnite, and one to launch Fortnite. Tap on the Launch button.
Gotcha!!! You have successfully downloaded Fortnite on your Android Smartphone. Note: Rooted or Cloned Android Smartphones are not supported by Epic Games and does not allow you to download Fortnite on the device. To stay updated for more news on Tech and cybersecurity subscribe to our newsletter from here