Here is how you can increase RAM on your Windows 10 PC/Laptop using its own HDD Space?
Being a Windows 10 user you must know how important the RAM size is, but did you know you can use your Windows 10 device’s own HDD space for increasing RAM? Well, Yes!! you can increase the RAM size with its own HDD Space. If your computer lacks the random access memory (RAM) needed to run a program or operation, Windows uses virtual memory to compensate.
Virtual memory combines your computer’s RAM with temporary space on your hard disk. When RAM runs low, virtual memory moves data from RAM to a space called a paging file. What is RAM? It is also known as virtual memory which is crucial for system stability. By adding RAM, you’re able to improve the performance of your PC.
On Windows 10, it’s possible to let part of your hard drive work the same way as RAM (Random Access Memory). RAM is an acronym for random access memory, a type of computer memory that can be accessed randomly; that is, any byte of memory can be accessed without touching the preceding bytes. RAM is the most common type of memory found in computers and other devices, such as printers. So now let’s take a look at how you can increase RAM on your Windows 10 PC?
How to increase RAM on a Windows 10 PC/Laptop using HDD space?
- At the start, you need to navigate to My Computer and right-click on the empty screen there and select properties.
- After selecting the properties you will be redirected to the control panel of your Windows 10
- Now on the left panel, you need to select the option Advanced System Settings.
- Now under the performance section, click on the Settings option and you will see another dialog box.
- Now click on the advanced tab and there under Virtual memory simply click on Change option.
- Untick on the option Automatic Manage Paging
- Select the drive whose paging memory you want to alter. Simply define the Custom Size there and simply click on set and then ok option.
Note: The same process can be used on Windows 7 for increasing RAM using HDD space.
This is how you can extend your Windows 10 PC/Laptop RAM using its own HDD Space. For any queries related to the tutorial, you can mention it in the comment section below. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by subscribing to our newsletter from here.