How to increase Internal Memory Mtk6589 Devices – Another trick to increase internal memory on android is to re-partition the main ROM, on most Mtk6589 devices the size of ROM is 4 GB and it share between main Android OS partition, the main internal memory where apps are installed and the phone storage.
This trick will take the phone storage partition and give it to the main internal memory so it will increase the main internal memory about 2 GB.
- ROOTED Device
- CWM or TWRP installed
I can say this trick is dangerous and can brick your phone because you lose your partition table, so if please consider it again to do this tutorial. This trick limited only for Mtk6589 chipset with 4 GB ROM size, if you have 8 GB, 16 GB, or 32 GB than this tutorial not for you, Sorry….
How to increase Internal Memory Mtk6589 Devices :
- First you have to do is make Nandroid Backup :
- Go to Recovery Mode
- Select Backup and Restore
- Select Backup
- Download Meteos-Mtk6589-rom-edit-4gb-en, install it on your device. If you see any warning just ignore and continue. Enable Unknown Sources first when you wanna install it, go to System Settings > Security & Privacy
- Run / Open Meteos-Mtk6589-rom-edit-4gb-en, if there is Root permission pop up please grant it or it will not working without root access. You will show with many options that can be used for 4 GB phones device, choose whatever suits you the best. I went to 2.5 GiB/data partition (4GB/8GB ROM). Click Yes on all confirmation buttons and click Reboot into Recovery button.
- Now your device will reboot and on Recovery Mode, Select Wipe data / factory Reset. When it done go to Backup and Restore select Advanced Restore. Select the lastest Nandroid Backup, click Restore Data and Restore Cache. Wait the process to restore until finish then reboot your device normally
- Done now you have successful increase your internal memory. confirm it with go to System Settings > Storage.