Here is how you can free up smartphone storage space using the new WhatsApp storage management tool?
Various media platforms claim that WhatsApp crosses the daily exchange of messages at over 100 billion. Looking at the numbers it is sure that millions of files will be transferred that require a large percentage of storage on your smartphone. Well, to overcome this, the company has now introduced a new storage management tool that helps WhatsApp users easily identify, review, and bulk delete content to free up storage capacity on their smartphones.
Talking about the new storage management tool, it also makes it easier to spot and delete unnecessary files that were forwarded or shared multiple times. The new update will also get a dedicated option to view media files that have been forwarded on the app. Furthermore, WhatsApp will also show files that are larger than 5MB. You can arrange these stories by size and review them before deleting them.
How to free up storage space using WhatsApp’s new storage management tool?
- Firstly, open WhatsApp on your device. Now tap on the three vertical dots and select ‘Settings‘. On iOS, you need to tap on the Settings icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- On the Settings page, select the option ‘Storage and data’
- On the next page, tap on the option ‘Manage Storage’
- Now you will see the storage management feature of WhatsApp.
- Scroll down and select a contact. It will show you all the media files that you have shared in between.
- To app offers straightforward cleanup suggestions. You can either choose to delete selected items or can delete items in bulk. However, make sure to preview the files before deleting them.
- Done!!! This is how you can use the new WhatsApp Storage Management Tool to free up storage space on your smartphone.
What do you think about the new addition to WhatsApp? Do mention your views in the comment section below. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by following us on Google News.