How to Flashing Lenovo S650 with Official Firmware S650_S119_131014
This is an official release Android 4.2.2 for Lenovo S650 device, This is an offline update that can be used without an internet connection, just download the firmware and install it to your device using a computer or laptop. Android 4.4.2 already out for Lenovo S650 but if you don’t like and wanna back to Android 4.2.2 then this is the right guide for you. This is using original official ROM from Lenovo but this guide can brick your device, please do preparation for something bad happen. For your information, the data stored on your device will be erased when you following this guide to update your device.
This guide for educational purposes only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it can brick your phone
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number: S650_S119_131014
- Date Release: 13-10-2014
- OS: Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Languages: Russian, Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications: Include
- Multiple Languages: Support
- S650_S119_131010 ↦ 448 Mb, This download contains all required files to upgrade Lenovo S650 ( If you questioned username and password when downloading this files, please use android rookies global username and password at about page )
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 seconds then disappeared, before disappeared right-click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1324 ↦ this tool needs to download because it does not include the ROM download.
- Download all required files and extract it to one folder for easy organize it, Please make sure the USB VCOM driver is properly installed before continued to the next step, without it you will not able to flash your device.
- When you extract S650_S119_131010, it will contain 2 folders S650_S119_131014 and S650_S119_131014-Lang_Fix, use the Lang_Fix folder for this guide.
- Extract SP Flash Tool v3.1324 and go to the extracted folder, run Flash_Tool.exe if you are running windows 7 please use administrator privilege to run Flash_Tool.exe. On the Flash Tool please check DA DL All with the Checksum option, this is an important option to TOOL DL IMAGE FAIL error after the flashing process.
- Click on the Scatter-Loading button and point to the S650_S119_131014-Lang_Fix folder and select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt, this will automatically load all required files to Flash Tool and now you are ready to begin flashing process.
- Finish configure Flash Tool, now press Download button or hit F9, Flash Tool will begin to initialize and after a few seconds, it becomes on stand by mode and waiting for your device to be connected.
- Now turn off your device and remove the battery, wait 5-10 seconds then connect your device to the computer. If the USB VCOM driver installed properly then Flash Tool will recognize your device and begin to start the flashing process. Flashing process will take 5-10 minutes to wait for GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of Flash Tool if you see that then you can disconnect your device.
- Done, now you can disconnect your device and try to turn on your device, after turn on please confirm to System Setting ↦ About Phone and confirm that the Build Number is the same as the downloaded ROM.