How to Flash Custom ROM on your Xiaomi Smartphone: Poco F1
The Xiaomi Poco F1 Android Smartphone is featured with a 6.18-inch screen of FHD+ resolution (2340 x 1080 pixels) with a notch on display and 19:9 aspect ratio. The smartphone comes powered by Qualcomm’s 2.8Ghz 10nm FinFet Snapdragon 845 processor with Adreno 630 GPU. The device has been given 6GB of RAM across all its variants and runs MIUI for Poco based on Android 9 Pie.
If you look at the Cameras, the Xiaomi Poco F1 offers a selfie camera of a 20-megapixel sensor with a beautification feature. On the back, the device comes with a dual-camera setup that comes with Artificial Intelligence-support. The dual-camera setup comprises of a 12-megapixel Sony IMX363 sensor and a 5-megapixel secondary sensor.
Also read: How to Flash TWRP on any Android Smartphone
How to Flash Xiaomi Smartphone Poco F1
Step 1: Unlock Bootloader
- Go to en.miui.com/unlock and apply for permission
- Download the latest Mi unlock Tool from here
- Enter Fastboot mode on your device by pressing power button+volume down button
- Open the Mi Unlock app, then connect your device to PC via a USB cable.
- Sign-in to unlocking tool with you Mi Account, Click on unlock now to start the unlocking process
Note: Sometimes it takes 10-15 days to grant you permission to unlock your Smartphone from the smartphone company
Step 2: Flash Custom ROM on Poco F1
Note: We are not responsible for any damage caused due to flashing your smartphone, kindly double-check every step.
- Download & Install Mi Flash Tool From here
- Download the Fastboot ROM for your Poco F1 from here
- Turn off the device. Press the Volume– key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the device to the via a USB cable.
- Extract the downloaded ROM file in C drive
- Open Mi Flash Tool
- Click on select to select the ROM package. Then click on refresh then the device will be detected.
- Now select the bat file which is shown in the bottom
There are 3 types available
- Clean all: All data and user configuration will be cleaned, and the lock state of the device is ‘Unlocked’ after flashing.
- Save user data: All data and user configuration will be saved, and the lock state of the device varies with the device model after flashing.
- Clean all and lock: All data and user configuration will be cleaned, and the lock state of the device is ‘Locked’ after flashing.