Here is how you can fix the network adapter error that shows “Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter” in Windows 10
If you are using a Windows PC/Laptop then you must have heard of the network adapter error in which the system is unable to find the drivers for the network adapter. If you are not seeing your network adapter on your computer, one of the reasons for this may be because you have an older network card driver installed on your computer.
But, you don’t have to worry, fixes are available to solve this problem. If the problem is happening on your computer for the first time, try rebooting your computer and check if you can discover the network adapter on your computer.
It has happened numerous times that an Windows user is getting an error message “Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter” while connecting to the internet. Another measure that has to be checked is if you have Ethernet cable plugged into your system, then you should unplug the Ethernet cable from your computer and then plug in the Ethernet cable again. Check if you can find the adapter on your computer.
How to fix “Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter” error in Windows 10?
Sometimes it also happens that the issue is with your router and not your windows adapter so you can check to reset the router that can fix almost all network-related issues. Another way is by using the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Here’s how you can use Network Troubleshoot to fix network adapter and driver-related problems.
- Search for ‘Troubleshooter’ on the Windows 10 search bar and open it.
- Tap on ‘Internet Connections’
- select ‘Troubleshoot my connection to the internet’
- Wait until Windows Troubleshooter finds and fixes the Network adapter error.
If this also does not help to resolve the network adapter issue then try reinstalling the Network Driver. Here is how you can reinstall the network driver.
- Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard and enter ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press ‘Enter’ on the RUN dialog box.
- On the Device Manager, find and expand the ‘Network Adapter’ option.
- Right-click on the current network adapter and then select the option ‘Uninstall’
- That’s it, you are done! Now just restart your Windows 10 computer, and after the restart, you will get the latest network adapter, driver.
If this also does not help to resolve the network adapter issue then the ultimate option is to reset the computer. So, if there’s something wrong with the network setting, then System reset will most probably fix it. To reset your PC back to factory settings using a local recovery image, following these steps:
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Under Reset this PC, click on Get started.
- When Reset this PC opens, select the ‘Keep my Files‘ option, to retain your data during the reinstall, or ‘Remove Everything.’
- You will now be presented with an option asking how you would like to reinstall Windows 10. At this screen, click on the ‘Local reinstall‘ option.
- You will now be asked to confirm your selection. Please review the selected options and click on the Next button.
- You will now be prompted to reinstall preinstalled applications. As this is a refresh of your existing install, and not a clean install, at the Restore preinstalled apps prompt, select Yes and then press Next.
- You will now be shown a final screen asking you to confirm your final selections. When ready, click on the Reset button.
- Windows will now use the current version of Windows 10 that is already installed to reinstall the operating system. This process may take some time, so please be patient.
- You will be prompted to reboot the computer to finish the installation.
- Done!!! the same version of Windows 10 will be reinstalled on the computer, and your data will be left intact. Any pre-installed manufacturer applications will also be installed.
This is how you can solve the network adapter issue on your Windows 10 PC/Laptop. If you find any difficulties while performing these steps, kindly mention in the comment section below. We will try to solve your issue ASAP!! To stay updated on Tech and Cybersecurity news subscribe to our newsletter from here.