Here is how you can fix Windows 10 KB4566782 and KB4565351 Cumulative updates installation error 0x800f081f
Microsoft released its Windows 10 2004 update back in May which came in with multiple bugs and errors. The company has released multiple updates that have a fixed number of bugs. The company on Tuesday released Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4566782 as the August 2020 Patch Tuesday cycle. Since it lands as part of a Patch Tuesday cycle, this cumulative update is mostly focused on security improvements.
The August 2020 security release consists of security updates for the following software:
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based)
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based)
- Microsoft ChakraCore
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Scripting Engine
- SQL Server
- Microsoft JET Database Engine
- .NET Framework
- ASP.NET Core
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
- Microsoft Windows Codecs Library
- Microsoft Dynamics
In addition, the company said that the update comes with improved security when using input devices like a mouse, keyboard, or pen, but also with updates for storing and managing files. The update also fixes an issue in Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps that allow single sign-on authentication when an app does not have the Enterprise Authentication capability.
Meanwhile as reported by Windows Latest, the Tuesday patch released by Microsoft known as Windows 10 KB4566782 and KB4565351 Cumulative updates has shipped in with an error code 0x800f081f. The error code pops-up while installing the update, and the issue was reported on multiple forums.
The installation issue probably found appearing on both Windows 10 KB4566782 (version 2004) and KB4565351 (version 1909/1903). And the cause of failure could be related to missing files in the WinSXS folder that stores different copies of DLL and system files.
Windows Latest has also provided a workaround for the issue so if you are facing the same problem then manually install the patch by following these steps:
- Firstly, you need to open the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- After opening you will require to search for the package number.
- Check for the compatible version for your PC.
- Click on the ‘Download’ option that is next to the selected package.
- Now, click on the .msu link to download it.
- Double-click on .msu file to apply the update.
This is how you can fix the installation error caused by while installing Windows 10 KB4566782 and KB4565351 Cumulative updates. There is no official statement on the error by Microsoft yet, we will be posting the fix as soon as the company releases it. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by subscribing to our newsletter from here.