Here is how you can extend your PC/Laptop C Drive volume on Windows 10?
If you are a Windows user you must know how important it is to keep the OS Drive(C Drive) free of some space. Not everyone knows that each of the processes that are being executed by OS requires a certain space in its main drive/OS drive(C Drive).
Generally, it is the C drive where we store our most important system and program installation files. As apps continue to be installed into the C drive, one day, you might find that the system partition (C: drive) is running out of storage space. It’s recommended to keep at least 20-40 GB of free space on system partition for better performance.
Well, if the System Partition or C: Drive is running sort of storage space, then you can choose to increase the C drive space. So now let’s get further with the tutorial and extend your PC/Laptop C Drive volume in Windows 10.
How to extend your PC/Laptop C Drive volume on Windows 10?
To go further we will use the Disk Management Utility and it is recommended to check and proceed with the steps carefully.
- Firstly, Right-click on the Windows 10 start menu and select ‘Disk Management’
- On the disk management utility, right-click on any drive that has lots of free space.
- From the right-click menu, select ‘Shrink Volume’ option.
- Complete the on-screen instructions to shrink volume.
- The shrunk volume will be labeled as ‘Unallocated Space’
- Right-click on the System Partition (C: Drive) and select ‘Extend Volume’ option.
- Complete the on-screen instructions to extend the volume of C: Drive.
This is how you can extend your C: Drive volume on your Windows 10 PC/Laptop. If you find any difficulties while performing this tutorial, do mention in the comment section below. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by subscribing to our newsletter from here.