Here is how you can download and install the latest update on your Windows 10 PC/Laptop manually
Microsoft recently launched Tuesday-patch updates in the last week which occurred to be failed while installing for many users. You must be knowing that Microsoft Windows 10 upgrades to the latest updates automatically if the feature is kept on, but sometimes the OS fails to install the update for unknown reasons. Sometimes when the system updates fail the Microsoft Windows 10 team suggests the users update it via media creation tool but many of them don’t know how to use it.
Well, thanks to DavidXanatos a developer who has created software namely WuMgr. The software helps you in managing the Windows 10 updates without using the first-party tools. That means the tool lets you download & install the updates without opening the Settings app or Control Panel.
WuMgr is a tool to manage updates of Microsoft products on the Windows operating system. It uses the “Windows Update Agent API” to identify as well as download and install missing updates. It allows the user fine control of updates on modern (Windows 10) operating system versions, comparable to what windows 7 and 8.1 offered.
So let’s take a look at how you can use the WuMgr tool for downloading and installing Windows 10 update on your PC/Laptop manually.
How to download and update Windows 10 manually(using WuMgr)
Follow the below steps for downloading and installing Windows 10 updates manually also note that your Laptop is charged more than 60% to avoid any battery error. If you are updating your firmware version, please plug-in to charging as Windows updates the firmware when the Laptop is plugged in for charging.
- Firstly, you need to download the WuMgr from Github
- Install the tool and open, In the front page, you can see four options on the left side 1. Windows Update, 2. Installed Update, 3. Hidden Updates, and 4. Update History.
- Click on the ‘Windows Update’ option.
- To download and install an update, you need to select the update and click on ‘Download‘.
- After downloading, click on the ‘Install’ button to install the updates.
- The installed updates will appear under the ‘Installed Updates’ section.
This is how you can download and install windows 10 updates manually. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by subscribing to our newsletter from here.