How to Create Your Phone Custom CWM Recovery
How to Create Your Phone Custom CWM Recovery – This guide is only for MTK devices, Simple trick to change your stock Recovery with custom CWM made by yourself. It so simple and don’t required any programming languages at all, The custom recovery will also install to your phone after you finish made it or you can share custom recovery with your friends if they had the same phone model.
Even this guide if easy to make your own custom recovery but with root access needed this guide has potential to brick your device if you wrong to follow the guide. So i always told that i am not responsible if you brick your device while following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
- Device must be ROOTED.
- Enable USB Debugging ↦ Go to System Setting ↦ Developer Options ↦ enable USB Debugging, this option will make computer to see your device. On Android 4.2.x default they hidden Developer Option menu for show it go to About Device and tap 7x on Build Number.
- Install ADB USB driver ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to ADB USB driver extracted folder
- Download MTK Droid Tool v2.5.3, extract it on your computer and run it.
- Now connect your device to your computer, if you already complete install ADB USB driver and already enable USB Debugging option, MTK Droid Tool v2.5.3 will recognize your device and display information about your phone.
- Click ROOT button on the lower right of the application. If you device not ROOTED then you can see failed message on the right application window, but if ROOTED then you can see successful root the device. Confirm all warning that pop up when you click ROOT button.
- Finish root, click Root, Backup, Recovery tab on the upper left windows. we are going to make backup of your device first. This backup can be flash using Flash Tool method, on Root, Backup, Recovery tab click Backup button, and this will start the backup process. Wait until finish, this will take 15-30 minutes to finish. for success on backup please make sure you have more than 50 MB in /system partition
- When finish it will ask you to packing backup, click No. Your backup file will be on backup folder inside MTK Droid Tool v2.5.3 folder, open it and look for recovery.img this file will needed on the next process.
- On MTK Droid Tool v2.5.3 still on tab Root, Backup, Recovery click or select To use boot from phone and then click Recovery and Boot button. It will show warning that said To make CWM recovery automatically ? click No
- This will open browse windows and need to select recovery.img, point it to backup folder that you already create and select recovery.img from that folder. Wait for the making CWM process then you will ask to patch boot to phone, answer with No (alternate you can choose Yes it will not make a big different, just try which you feel more easy) and the last you will ask to install the CWM recovery to your phone click Yes to install and reboot to recovery mode.
- Done, the recovery that already made are store on the recovery folder inside MTK Droid Tool v2.5.3 extracted folder. You can share it or keep it for your backup. Confirm that your phone successful boot into recovery mode and on the CWM main menu.
That it, A guide how to make your own custom recovery for your device. Please leave a comments if you found any bug or problem with this guide, i will try to fix it and help you with your problems, Hit Thanks Button if you feel help with this guide. Thank You
Tags: Lenovo Tips & Tricks