Downloaded an image in WebP format? here is how to convert WEBP images to .jpg or .png?
WebP is a modern image format that provides superior lossless and lossy compression for images on the web. Using WebP, webmasters, and web developers can create smaller, richer images that make the web faster. WebP lossless images are 26% smaller in size compared to PNGs. WebP lossy images are 25-34% smaller than comparable JPEG images at the equivalent SSIM quality index. Lossless WebP supports transparency (also known as alpha channel) at a cost of just 22% additional bytes. For cases when lossy RGB compression is acceptable, lossy WebP also supports transparency, typically providing 3× smaller file sizes compared to PNG.
Nowadays websites have started to use Webp images because of the Lossless compression. Let’s admit, Google’s new WEBP image file format is pretty awesome. In fact, it’s much better than the standard JPG, JPEG, or PNG format. The reason behind it is that it creates a much smaller file size than any other image file format. Not only that, but the modern image file format from Google also supports the transparency feature of PNG.
How To Convert Google’s WebP Images to .jpg or .png?
There are multiple ways to convert the WebP images but here we have the best 3 options that would convert the image in a blink of the eye.
Convert WebP images using Paint:
- Firstly, open paint on your PC/Laptop.
- Now click on the ‘File’ and then select ‘Open’.
- Import the WEBP image file.
- Once imported, click on the ‘File > Save As’.
- It will open a new window; there you need to select ‘JPEG’ or ‘PNG’ under the save as type.
Convert WebP images using Online converter:
- Open your default browser
- Search for online image converter
- Select anyone from the list
- Browse your file and type
- Select in what format you want to covert
- Done!!! Download the converted file
Convert WebP images using Photoshop:
- Firstly open Photoshop
- Load the WEBP image on Adobe Photoshop.
- Once done, click on the ‘File > Save As’.
- It will open a new window; there you need to select the file format of your choice under the ‘Save as type’
This is how you can convert the WebP image to your desired image type. For more news and tutorials subscribe to our newsletter from here