How to change Wlan Mac Address on MTK Devices – This guide is for MTK devices only and everything that your done to your phone is at your own risk. Sometime a china like MTK6577, MTK6589, MTK6572, MTK65xx has the same mac address and it is creating conflict when connected to wifi network, or maybe you just wanna to modified your wireless lan mac address to fit with your style. This guide is fit for you to fix the issued, This guide is for rooted devices only.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial.
- Install Root Explorer on your device, and make sure your device already rooted.
- Open Root Explorer and navigate to /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDEB copy WIFI file to your sd card.
- From SD card move WIFI file to your computer.
- Install Hex Editor to your computer, Open it and open WIFI file with it.
- Compare my old mac address with WIFI file open in Hex Editor.
- Now you can change your device mac address using Hex Editor fit it with your needs, remember just change column 04 – 09 don’t change anything else. When finish save a new WIFI file and copy to sd card.
- Turn off your wifi, open Root Explorer and navigate to /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDEB copy your new WIFI file and set permission to 660 (rw-rw—)
- Done, turn on your wifi. Confirm it on System Setting → WLAN → Advanced Settings
The /data/nvram folder is your device’s heart, If this folder lost then your devices communicating ability will be lost too, so backup this folder or partition using MTK Droid Tools. I hope this guide can help you fix your problems, thank your for reading and don’t forget to share this guide..