How to Change Modem File for Lenovo S860 CN and ROW Version
How to Change Modem File for Lenovo S860 CN and ROW Version – Changing modem needed when your device need to flashing different country firmware, eg You have Lenovo S860 bought from china and wanna flash international ROM version then you should install china modem after finish installing the ROM. and otherwise. Without installing modem file after flashing different country firmware will make your 3G not work, SIM 2 cannot be use and low signal strength on both SIM slot. As much as possible the modem file must be same with phone version, if not you will get some problem with signal strength, 3G signal, and etc. This tips and tricks safely followed but also have possibility to brick your device, always have your current ROM backup before modified.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- Your Lenovo S860 must be ROOTED ↦ follow How to Rooting Lenovo S860 Running Android KitKat ROW version or use VRoot if you are running Android 4.2
- Custom Recovery must be installed, TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) or CWM (ClockworkMod Recovery)
- China Base Phone
- Even wrong installing modem file not make your device brick, but it can make your device lost signal and cannot be used.
- If your phone is CN (with 1 GB RAM) then always install China modem even is you flashing ROW version firmware to your device. and the otherwise.
- But if you need to experiment then you can try to install CN for ROW and ROW for CN.
- Copy modem file to your phone, put it on SD Card root don’t put it inside the folder.
- Reboot your device and go to recovery mode, You can use mobile uncle to reboot to recovery mode using combination button (Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down) press and hold until you can see TWRP or CWM main menu
- On the recovery mode main menu, select Install ↦ Install Zip from Sd Card ↦ point to modem zip file ↦ Swipr to Install
- After finish installation, back to TWRP main menu and select Wipe ↦ Swipe to Factory Reset
- Wait the process and select Reboot
- Normal boot and confirm the change that you already made. go to System Setting ↦ About Phone look at Baseband section it must be same with modem version you installed.