Here is how you can enable Exploit Protection on your Windows 10 PC/Laptop?
As you all know data breaching and exploitation has been very frequent in this pandemic situation, threat actors have been hacking and exploiting the stolen data for personal benefits. In an environment like this, you need better protection enabled on your PC/Laptop. Recently we also reported that Microsoft has launched a security score that rates your PC/Laptop security.
Microsoft also has an amazing feature on Windows 10 running PC/Laptops that can protect you from these exploits. So let’s get further with how Exploit protection helps users from leaking/exploiting their data. Exploit protection helps protect against malware that uses exploits to infect devices and spread. Exploit protection consists of a number of mitigations that can be applied to either the operating system or individual apps.
Many features from the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) are included in exploit protection. You can enable each mitigation separately by using any of these methods:
- Windows Security app
- Microsoft Intune
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Group Policy
Exploit protection is configured by default in Windows 10. You can set each mitigation to on, off, or to its default value.
How to enable Windows 10 Exploit Protection
- Open Windows Defender on your computer. To do so, go to Start Menu and type in “Windows Defender” and click on the first application that you get in the search results — Windows Defender Security Center.
- Now, in the Windows Defender, click on “App & Browser Control.”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and find “Exploit Protection.”
- In the new window that opens, customize the system as well as program settings based on your preference.
- When done, just click on the “Apply” button and that’s it.
This is how you can safeguard your data on your PC/Laptop by just enabling the Exploit Protection feature. Well to get better results from the feature make sure your PC/Laptop is working on the latest Windows 10 version available. If you find any difficulty in activating the Exploit protection feature on your system, do mention in the comment section below. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by subscribing to our newsletter from here.