Here is how you can remotely shut down your Windows 10 PC/Laptop with your smartphone?
Shutdown your PC through your cell phone is an advantageous technique to utilize, particularly for some circumstances. There may be times when you are in another room and conclude that you won’t utilize the PC for some time or you engage in something different and left it running. You may even have refreshes or a few downloads running and need to leave it on. Besides, there may times when you leave and neglect to turn it off.
Regardless of what circumstance you experience, there are a few different ways to Shutdown your PC utilizing your Android smartphone. However, to remotely shut down Windows 10 PC from anywhere using Android, we need to use a few third-party apps. So let’s take a look at some best methods that can be used to shutdown Windows 10 PC/Laptop from a smartphone.
How to shutdown Windows 10 remotely using an Android smartphone?
1. Using Shutdown Start Remote:
Shutdown Start Remote is an app for Android to remote shutdown or starts your computer. It is very easy to use. Users need to download a Windows client and an Android app to shut down the computer remotely.
- Firstly, you need to download and install the Shutdown Start Remote app on your Android smartphone.
- Now download the Shutdown Start Remote app on your Windows 10 PC from here.
- Make sure you are connected to the same wifi network. Open the Android app and you will see the screen like below. Simply scroll down the screen.
- Now you need to tap on ‘Start Search’. It will detect the computer automatically.
- Once the app detects the computer it will show you the screen like below. Here you need to tap on your computer.
- Now you will see the screen like below. Here you can set the time to schedule a shutdown. Or else, you can choose to restart, shutdown, or hibernate your computer immediately
2. Using Shutter
The shutter is one of the great Windows tool developed by Denis Kozlov. The tool allows users to shutdown, restart, hibernate computer through a web browser. That means you can use Shutter to remotely turn off your computer from a web browser running platforms including iOS, Android, etc.
- Firstly, download shutter on your Windows 10 PC.
- Now you will be redirected to the main interface of the tool once installed.
- Now you need to set events that will trigger actions. For example, you can select low battery on events to trigger the ‘Shutdown’ or ‘Hibernate’
- After selecting the event, configure the actions. In ‘Action’ you need to select ‘Shutdown’. Now click on the ‘Start’ button.
- Now open the ‘Options’ and then go to the ‘Web Interface’
- Under the web interface, you need to select your computer’s IP Address from the listed IP Menu and then choose the port that you would like to use. Enter the Username and Password and click on ‘Save’
- Now open the web browser and then enter the IP Address with the port number. It will ask you the username and password, enter it and then choose anything from the list.
This is how you can shut down your Windows 10 PC/Laptop remotely using your Android Smartphone. If you find any difficulties while doing this tutorial, do mention in the comment section below. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by following us on Google News.