Here is how you can hide your confidential data and transfer it via an Audio File using DeepSound
Deep Sound is a steganography tool and audio converter that hides the information in audio files or audio/CD tracks. It is a windows tool. It allows us to extract the secret hiding data from the audio files or CD tracks. DeepSound also supports encrypting secret files using AES-256(Advanced Encryption Standard) to improve data protection. The application additionally contains an easy to use Audio Converter Module that can encode several audio formats (FLAC, MP3, WMA, WAV, APE) to others (FLAC, MP3, WAV, APE).
The company also mentioned that using this software you can also convert the MP3 extension to (.ape, .wav, and .flac). DeepSound software is very easy to use and understand. So let’s take a look at how to use DeepSound software to hide your confidential data.
– Windows XP SP3/Vista/7/8/10
– Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
Follow the below steps to encrypt your data into an audio file
- After downloading DeepSound software, Unzip the zipped downloaded file.
- Next, run the DeepSound.exe file to use.
- Now, click on the “open carrier file”, to add any audio file of these extensions (.MP3, .ape, .wav, and .flac).
- Next, click on “Add secret file”, to add any confidential data files.
- Successfully added the audio and confidential files (You can also select the audio quality.)
- Click on encode the secure file
- Check the box Encrypt secret files and enter the password then click on encode secret files to secure the file.
- This will save the audio file on a specific path. The encrypted file will be as same as the original file.
Follow the below steps to decrypt your data from the encrypted audio file
- Add encrypted audio file by clicking on an open carrier file, it will ask security passwords.
- Enter the security key
- Click on Ok.
- Now, select a secret file and click on Extract secret files.
- This will download the secret file in our machine.
You can also change an encrypted audio file’s extension by clicking on Audio Converter, add the audio file and select the extension then click convert.
Amazing isn’t it? This is how you can send your confidential data via an audio file. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by subscribing to our newsletter from here.