Guide How to Installing Custom Recovery on Lenovo S920 TWRP v184.108.40.206
Guide to Installing Custom Recovery on Lenovo S920 TWRP v220.127.116.11 – TWRP is the most custom famous custom recovery for Lenovo devices, and it the most important file to modified your Lenovo S920. On Lenovo devices it must install custom recovery first before you can rooting your Lenovo devices that why if you wanna modified Lenovo devices you should install custom recovery first.
And TWRP is the first option for custom recovery on Lenovo, today i will show you how to update your current custom recovery to TWRP v18.104.22.168, the latest version that already mod for Lenovo S920. This guide will only for Lenovo S920 with china firmware and international firmware, already been tested but consider about warranty void on modified your devices and possibility to accident broke system.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
- this guide will update your current custom recovery with TWRP v22.214.171.124 so it need you to have custom recovery installed on your devices
- this guide using custom recovery install mode or recovery mode install
- TWRP_v126.96.36.199_ROW ↦ download and use this only if you have international firmware version, you can see your firmware version at System Setting ↦ Software Information ↦ About Phone it will written with ROW.
- TWRP_v188.8.131.52_CN ↦ download and use this only if you have china firmware version, you can see your firmware version at System Setting ↦ Software Information ↦ About Phone it will written without any ROW and normally it only contains 2 or 3 languages only.
- Because all custom recovery have same menu and functions so this guide can be use for all custom recovery, because this guide use recovery mode installation mode so we need to copy the twrp file to your external sd card.
- Place it on the root of your external sd card, mean don’t copy it inside the folder.
- Turn off your Lenovo S920, wait until it completely off. now press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down wait until it show custom recovery main menu the release the button.
- When you see custom recovery main menu, just use volume up and volume down for navigation and use power button to confirm or to select. Now select Install ↦ Select Zip to Install ↦ navigate to your external sd card and select twrp file.
- If you using TWRP just Swipe to Install and see the installation progress on the next screen, if you are using CWM or other the confirm all installation warning the confirm to install.
- Done, Reboot the system confirm that you already successful update your custom recovery on Lenovo S920