Google One users will now be able to back up their phone and manage their storage using the Google One app
As every one of you knows Google One is a subscription service developed by Google that offers expanded cloud storage and is intended for the consumer market. Every Google Account starts with 15 gigabytes of free storage that is shared across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. Google One paid plans offer cloud storage starting at 100 gigabytes, up to a maximum of 30 terabytes.
A Google user knows that the company provides a unified cloud backup service that offers subscribers the ability to automatically back up device data, multimedia messages, photos, and videos from their Android devices. But now the company has decided and released the same feature extended to all Android users free of charge.
Features of Google One app as described on Google Play:
- Manage your storage plan, which covers Google Drive, Gmail and original quality photos and videos in Google Photos.
- Automatically back up your phone. All your photos, contacts, messages, and more, will be safely backed up in the cloud. If you break, lose or upgrade your phone, you can restore everything to your new Android device.
- Contact our team of experts with just one tap. If you need help with Google products and services, our team is here for you.
- Access member benefits like Google Store rewards (up to 10% back), Google Play credit and special hotel pricing.*
- Share your plan with up to 5 family members, giving everyone more storage plus access to extra benefits.
Google One backup feature was released on Android back in 2019, September, but was only limited to the users that have bought Google One subscription. However, now everyone who has a Google account and download’s the Google One app on their Android Smartphone can use this feature. Moreover, the updated iOS app will let users store their photos, contacts, videos, and calendar events with Google.
Taking about the new storage manager released in the Google One app allows you to manage each and every file present on your Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos. The amazing thing about this new feature is that it can also be used to make room for more files by getting rid of ones that you no longer need, similar to the Files by Google app.
You can download or update the Google One app that supports these new features on Google Play Store from here. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by subscribing to our newsletter from here.