How to find any person on the internet by using OSRFRAMEWORK?
OSRFramework is a set of libraries to perform OSINT or Open Source Intelligence tasks. They include references to a bunch of different applications related to username checking, DNS lookups, information leaks research, deep web search, regular expressions extraction, and many others. This framework collects data from different platforms in very less time with more information. As commented by the researcher of the International Institute of Cyber Security, information gathering is a very important phase of any pen-testing and this tool is a value add for protesters.
Note: The tutorial is shared only for educational purposes, using this tutorial to harm others is illegal and can land you in jail
OS: Kali Linux 2019.3 64 bit
Kernel version: 5.2.0
How to install OSRFRAMEWORK and find information on any person on the internet?
- Use this command to clone the project.
- git clone https://github.com/i3visio/osrframework
- Use the cd command to enter into OSRFRAMEWORK directory
- Next, use this command to install the requirements pip3 install osrframework
- [email protected]:/home/cybersecurity/osrframework # pip3 install osrframework
- Now, use this command to find the help option of Osrframework, ‘osrf -h’
- Alias Generator: Using this OSRFramework tool we can generate alias names by providing the required details ex “Name”, “surname”, “City” and, “Country”. Then it generates fake names
- Next, use this command to find help options alias_generator.py -h
- Now, use this command to run alias generator alias_generator.py
- We will be using arbitrary names for testing purposes.
- It will generate alias names and will be saved in the output.txt file.
- Use the cat command to view the alias names.
- Next, use this command to find Domainpy help domainfy.py -h
- Now, use this command domainfy.py -n google -o google
- -n = name of the domain
- -o = save the file name
- Here, we got the results of google’s domain. with IP addresses
- Next, use this command to find the Emailpy help options mailfy.py -h
- Now, use this command to collect the valid emails mailfy.py -n nandu -o and
- -n = name
- -o = save output data
- We can also specify the required platform to be collected by using option -p
- Next, use this command to find searchfy help options searchfy.py -h
- Use this command to search for the profiles searchfy.py -q “papi” -o papi
- Now, copy the URL and open in browsers to verify the results.
- Successfully we got the results of the user.
For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay updated on Android Rookies by subscribing to our newsletter from here