Full ROM for Lenovo P780 Upgrade with Flash Tool ROW_S228 – Update official firmware Android KitKat for Lenovo P780 come with the build number S228_ROW_150112, this guide will show you step by step how to update Lenovo P780 to build number S228_ROW version. Another guide maybe interesting to see is Update Lenovo P780 to ROW_S228 with OTA method.
This guide will only provide download files that needed to update Lenovo P780 and a links where you can see the step to update, because updating Lenovo P780 using flash tool will be the same with the previous guide, so i will just use the previous guide to show you the step. Before update please do backup preparations because this guide will erase all your data, and has possibility to brick your device.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
For Lenovo P780 buy from china and have produce year 2014, please do full backup before starting following this guide because it reported flashing this ROM will get flash tool error 4032.
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : P780_S228_ROW_150112
- Date : 12.01.2015
- OS : Android KitKat 4.4.2
- Languages : Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus (formerly CIS), is not intended to Malaysia, Vietnam, Turkey and so on – they have different firmware and it is not ready yet
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : No
- Type : Full Image / Flash Tool
- P780_S228_ROW_150112 ↦ 770 Mb, contains full images that can be use to update Lenovo P780 using flash tool method.
- Flash Tool v5.1352 ↦ please only flash using this version flash tool, not recommend to use another version.
- USB Vcom driver ↦ driver that need so the flash tool can recognize your device as USB port, needed to install first.
- First thing to do is install USB Vcom driver on your computer, without this driver installed on your computer flash tool will not recognize your device and progress bar will stay at 0%, for installing USB Vcom driver please refer to this below :
- turn off your device and remove the battery, If you device using non removable make sure that your device is completely turn off
- open device manager on your computer
- connect your device using USB cable
- there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show on your device manager, PORT section for 5 second or less and then disappear
- disconnect and connect your device again, right click on MTK65xx Preloader Devices before it disappear, select Update Driver Software
- point it USB VCOM extracted folder, and install the driver from there.
- disconnect and connect your device again, there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager PORT section.
- After successful install USB Vcom driver now we can start the step to update Lenovo P780, for step by step for update please refer to below :
- Extract ROM downloaded and the flash tool on then same folder, for easy organize it and flashing it. Go to flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe. If you are using windows 7 or later please run it using administrator privilege.
- On the flash tool, please go to Options ↦ Option ↦ Download please make sure DA DL All with Checksum already checked, click X (Close) to back to Flash Tool, this option is very important so please don’t forget it.
- Once back to flash tool, now please click on the Scatter-Loading button and point it to ROM extracted folder and the select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt this will automatically loaded all required images file to update your device, Please wait until flash tool finish processing the image files and become stand by.
- Change Download option from Download Only to Firmware Upgrade mode, now you can press Download button or hit CTRL+D. Flash tool will initialize the files that add to the flash tool and when finish flash tool will ready to make connection with your device.
- When flash tool already finish and stand by, now please turn off your device and remove the battery. Connect your device to computer using USB cable, flash tool will immediately recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, this process will take 5-6 minutes to finish and when you see GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool that mean flashing process already finish
- Done, you have successful update your Lenovo P780 with firmware version ROW_S228, please confirm it with go to System Setting ↦ About Phone and look at the Build Number it must be same with the downloaded ROM.