How to free up more than 5 gigs of storage space after installing the latest Windows 10 May 2020 update
- 1 How to free up more than 5 gigs of storage space after installing the latest Windows 10 May 2020 update
Microsoft releases multiple updates for your Windows Operating system that requires gigs of disk space to install them. If you are on a laptop or Windows tablet with a smallish hard drive, then you might be running low on disk space after installing the latest version of Windows. Because windows have developed its updates in such a way that you can roll back the previous update if you do not like the latest update. Windows stores the previous update as a recovery version so that users can recover it later. if you have already updated the Windows 10 May 2020 update and want to roll back to the previous (April) update, then you can refer to this article.
The Windows 10 April 2020 update is sized about 4.9 gigs, well you can clear more than 5GB of data by cleaning up the data of the previous versions. This can be the best solution for the ones who have installed the updates regularly and for more than two years, as they can free more than 25 gigs of space on their PC/Laptop using this technique. To free up space from your PC/Laptop you can use two ways. One is via Settings and the other is via Disk Cleanup utility. So let’s see how to Free up more than 5GB of data from your Windows 10 PC/Laptop.
Note: Once you clean up space acquired by the previous updates, it is not possible to roll back to the previous version without hard reset
Free up storage space via System settings:
- Open Settings, click System, and then click Storage.
- Under Storage Sense, click Change how we free up space automatically.
- Under “Free up space now,” check the box for Delete previous version of Windows and then click the
- Clean now button.
Free up storage space via Disk Cleanup Method:
- Search for Disk Cleanup and launch the utility.
- Click the Cleanup system files button and wait for it to scan your system.
- On the Disk Cleanup tab, check the box for Previous Windows installation(s).
- Click OK.
These are the two techniques that can help you free up space more than 5 gigs on your PC/Laptop. For more news and Tutorials on Cybersecurity and technology subscribe to our newsletter from here