How to flash/root Android Smartphone: Moto G5 plus
Android smartphone company launched it’s featured phone Moto G5 plus in February 2017. Motorola rolled out latest features in its Moto G5 plus model. Using the same UI and features is getting bored, Want to flash/root your Moto G5 plus? here is a solution flash/root your Moto G5 plus by TWRP recovery. After flashing/rooting your Moto G5 plus you can customize your Moto G5 plus in the way you want to look like.
In this article, we will guide you how to install TWRP recovery and flash/root your Moto G5 plus. After flashing/rooting your Moto G5 plus you can customize it the way you want.
Note: Flashing/rooting your Android smartphone voids warranty and not following the flashing/rooting procedure properly may brick your Moto G5 plus Android smartphone.
Files you need to Install TWRP and Root Moto G5 plus
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver and create an ADB folder on your C drive (C:/ADB).
- Download TWRP Recovery for Moto G5 Plus (XDA) and save the file in the ADB folder that you created while installing ADB and Fastboot files and rename it to ‘TWRP.img’.
- Download Dm Variety disabler for Moto G5 Plus (no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1)
- Download Magisk to root Moto G5 Plus and copy it to your phone sd card
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G5 Plus
1. First, enable the USB debugging mode on your phone.
2. Now open the ADB folder that you created while installing ADB and Fastboot files and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-click anywhere in that folder.
3. Connect your phone to the PC with USB cable and run the following command on the command prompt window.
adb reboot bootloader
4. Now your phone will boot into bootloader mode. Now enter the following command to check your devices is successfully connected or not. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. If not then reinstall the drivers and restart your PC.
5. Type the below mention coomand in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
6. Now the TWRP recovery is successfully installed on your phone. Now reboot your device with hardware button.
How to Root Moto G5 plus
1. Download the Magisk v11.6.zip file and no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip files from above mention links.
2. After that boot your phone in custom TWRP recovery. To do this Turn off your phone first and hold Volume Down + Power Button.
3. Once you are on the TWRP recovery, tap “Never show this screen on boot again,” and Swipe allows modification.
4. Go to Wipe Option and tap on “Format Data,” and type “yes.”
5. Now copy Magisk v11.6.zip file and no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip files on your phone.
6. Now go to Install Zip and select ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip’ and flash it.
7. Now reboot your device and when the device boots up again reboot into TWRP mode.
8. Now Flash Magisk zip file that you saved on your phone wipe cache and Dalvik cache and reboot.
9. Now your phone will reboot and open the Magisk Manager App on your phone.
10. Done, Now you successfully rooted your Moto G5 plus.
That’s it !. Now you have the Rooted Moto G5 plus with custom TWRP recovery.