Flashing Lenovo S920, Stock ROM – Flashing is the last modified that we can do to optimize your android smartphone, it has high risk to brick your device. Today i gone share tutorial / guide on how to flashing Lenovo S920, If you already read my post about Re-partition Internal Memory Lenovo S920 then you already know about flashing lenovo device. Basically same but need modified on some step.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial.
- MTK6589 Driver
- SP FLASH TOOL
- Lenovo S920 ROM
- After finishing download all file needed for this tutorial, Extract it on same folder. So you will have MTK6589 Driver, S920_ROW_S110_20130515 and SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119 folders.
- Now it time for installing MTK6589 Driver to your computer. Go to MTK6589 Driver folder and double click Install_driver.exe, if there is any windows security warning, just click Install this driver software anyway.
- Confirm it with click Exit. After finish installation please reboot your computer first to avoid problem.
- Check status for MTK6589 Driver is successfully installed or not. Turn off your Lenovo S920 and remove the battery then plug in to your computer, wait until your computer finish installing driver. Now go to My computer > Manage > Device Manager look for MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port if you found it then your MTK6589 Driver successfully installed if not then repeat step 2-4.
- Unplug your device, Go to folder SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119 and run Flash_tool.exe using administrator right. Please give check on DA DL All With Check Sum.
- Click on Scatter-loading buttons, and find MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt file in ROM’s folder. (target_bin/)
- If already set and ok click Download button. Then connect your Lenovo S920 that already turn off and remove battery to your computer using usb cable. If already run perfectly the you will be notice that there is Red Bar below flash tool. After a minute or two Yellow Bar this means it on progress wait until finish, don’t interrupt or your device will be brick.
- Done, unplug your device. Confirm it firmware version from System Settings > About.