Fixing Lenovo S860 bad signal reception after update to KitKat 4.4.2 – It seems that it’s a common issue between Lenovo S860 users. Look like the KitKat update has some bugs on Network that make signal reception getting very low. Today i will try share the solution that i was found from Lenovo forum where someone, apparently, has a solution to the problem.
Please be careful when making tweaks on your phone, recommended to have backup before try to following this guide.
This solution is provide for Lenovo with 2Gb RAM or known as International devices version, and already try on several devices who had the same problem.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- Lenovo S860 already rooted and root work with great, you can check root status using root checker and can root your Lenovo S860 using this guide How to Rooting Lenovo S860 Running Android KitKat ROW version
- Lenovo S860 already using custom recovery TWRP or CWM, to check reboot to recovery mode using Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down, and you can install custom recovery using this guide Install Custom Recovery TWRP v126.96.36.199 on Lenovo S860 2Gb RAM
- Lenovo S860 2Gb version
- Modem_S860_V102_ROW ↦ modem file, can be install using recovery mode and custom recovery needed.
- First download above file and move / copy it to your external sd card, place on the root of sd card.
- Shutdown your device, then turn on Lenovo S860 but with the combination button, press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down button until you can see recovery mode or TWRP main menu.
- On TWRP main menu, select Install ↦ Select Zip to install ↦ browse it where you store the modem file ↦ select modem file ↦ Swipe to install, you can see the installation log on the next screen it will show you the progress and the error that happen.
- Finish installing modem file, back to main menu again. Select Wipe ↦ Advanced Wipe ↦ remove all check and check only cache and dalvik cache ↦ Swipe to wipe.
- Reboot Lenovo S860
- Network Mode = GSM / WCDMA Auto
- Network Operator select to automatically
- then reboot your system
- Go Into Engineering MTK Mode (Using Mobileuncle MTK Tool)- Tab Telephony > Fast dormancy > Config FD
- Select “Turn Off R8 FD & Legacy FD”, OK. there will be a toast of “Success”
- Back > Back > Back > to Exit