Reservation of Train Tickets opens online with the help of IRCTC App and official Indian Railway website
We are in the 4th Phase of the Nationwide lockdown to stop the spread of COVID-19 (Corona Virus) and it’s been 2 months that the Express and long-distance trains were decided by the Indian government that they will not run till further notice. Finally, it is good news that now from 1st June 2020 onwards the Indian Railways have decided to run 200 trains. The booking is started from 21st May 2020 and you can book your ticket online with the help of the IRCTC App developed by Indian Railways and also you can log on to the IRCTC Website and book your tickets.
How to Book Train Tickets from IRCTC app
NOTE: To book tickets from the IRCTC app you need to update the app to the latest version (3.0.21)
Once the update is done you follow these steps
- Tap on the login option and enter your user ID, password, and captcha code
- Tap on ‘Plan my journey’ option and enter your origin and destination stations
- Select date and tap on ‘Search trains’
- Once you tap on the train you want to board, it will show you the available seats
- You can change the coach to see the number of seats available in the class
- Select the date/coach and tap on ‘Book now’
- Now enter passenger details in the prescribed boxes and proceed to pay for the fare amount
- Once the payment is successful, you can download the ticket
Similarly you can book the tickets on the IRCTC website.
How to book train tickets from IRCTC official website?
Log on to irctc.co.in via on your phone, tablet, laptop, or PC. Follow these steps to book a train ticket:
- Click on the ‘Login’ button at the top right side of the screen
- If you do not have an account, register for one
- Now enter your user ID, password, and captcha code to Sign in
- Enter the details of your travel such as origin station, destination station, and date of the journey
- Select the train you wish to board and check the availability for each class type
- Once you select your date and reservation class, you can proceed to pay
- Once the ticket is booked, you can download it
Both AC and Non AC are going to run and there will be no unreserved coach.
Those who booked the train tickets on the IRCTC app and website are allowed to travel and no ticket will be booked across the Railway Station. Only passengers with confirmed tickets shall be allowed to enter the Railway Station.
Indian Railways Guidelines for passengers to travel in the Train.
Railways notified that passengers will be screened before boarding the train and only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to travel. The guidelines also mention that the traveling passengers will have to adhere to health protocols of their destination state or UT on arrival.
From the station you are going to board the train you need to reach 90 minutes prior to the departure time of the train.
Also, linen or blanket will not be given to the passengers inside the train. Passengers need to carry their own linen for the travel.
You can check the list of 200 trains which are allowed to run from here
Have a healthy and safe journey to your destination.