Here is how you can download Play Station 3 games on your Windows 10 PC and play with the help of this PS3 emulator
As you all know the launch of the Play Station 5 is near, and we all know we can play PS3 games on the PlayStation console only. But here is an amazing emulator on PC that allows you to play PS3 games. Play Station is a popular gaming platform that is ruling over the years. Talking about the PS3 console, it was first officially announced at E3 2005 and was released at the end of 2006. It was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium.
To play PS3 games on your Windows 10 PC/Laptop you need to download an Emulator named RPCS3. It is an open-source PC emulator for PlayStation 3. With the help of this emulator, you can play your favorite PS3 games on your Windows PC. Now let’s take a look at how can you download the RPCS3 emulator and play PS3 games on PC.
How to Download and Install RPCS3 Emulator on your PC?
- Firstly, visit the official website and scroll down and click download for Windows.
- Extract the downloaded ZIP archive
- After extracting the file, just double-click on the rpcs3.exe file and run the emulator.
- Complete the quick start guide and head to download the PS3 firmware from Play station’s official site
- At the top-left menu, click on “Help.“ and select “System Software” from the list.
- Scroll and choose “PS3.“ and then again scroll down and select “PS3 System Software Update“
- Click on Agree and Download now.
- Now, go to RPCS3 select “File > Install Firmware”
- Select the firmware which you have downloaded from the Playstation’s site
- Wait for a while for RPCS3 to install all the important files.
- Once the process is completed, the emulator will inform you.
RPCS3 emulator supports both the games based on digitally-downloaded games in PKG files and disc-based games in ISO or uncompressed-folder format. For Disc-based games, Boot the disc-based games directly from the “Boot Game”. And then choose the ISO or folder. It also needs installation, but you can do it through the emulated PlayStation3 interface.
For any errors or problems that occurred during the executing the emulator mention it in the comment section below. For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned on Android Rookies by following us on Google News.