CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7270 – The routine after Rooting Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 is installing CWM recovery, a custom recovery that let us flashing custom ROM to our device. This activity will replace samsung’s recovery or known as stock recovery. Replacing stock recovery or rooting your device may void your warranty and if you not do it with careful this tutorial can brick your device.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial.
Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 is a successor of Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 and Samsung Galaxy Ace, release on june 2013 but still very popular until now. With dual core processor and 1 GB RAM this device able to run latest Android 4.4.2 but in custom ROM, so to able installing custom ROM Android 4.4.2 we must first installing CWM to our device.
- Samsung USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Ace 3
- Odin3 v3.07
- Recovery file : Touch Recovery | Non Touch Recovery
- Install Samsung USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 on your computer, after finish installing please reboot your computer to prevent any problems.
- Download Touch Recovery or Non Touch Recovery. Touch Recovery means that you can using touch screen to navigate durin recovery mode. Non Touch Recovery means that you use Volume Up and Volume Down to navigate during recovery mode.
- Open Odin3 v3.07 using administrator mode, to avoid any problem. check only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time
- Enable USB Debugging, go to System Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging. but first you must enable Developer Options, go to System Settings > About Phone tap 7 times on Build Number it will enable Developer Options.
- After enabling USB Debugging, turn off your device. Select PDA button on Odin3 v3.07, browse to *.tar.md5 (touch or non touch recovery)
- Turn on your device while press and hold Power Button + Home Button + Volume Down Button until you can see warning screen then press Volume Up Button, now you on Download Mode attach device to your computer using usb cable.
- When Odin successful detect your device it will show Added message on Message Box and ID:COM will turn into Light Blue with Com Port number.
- Verify everything and click Start Button, flashing process will be start immediately. In this process please don’t reboot, turn off, or remove your phone from computer. Interrupt this process can make your device brick.
- When finish Odin will show PASS message in Green Color. Your device will reboot automatically and will start normally.
- Done, now custom recovery already installed on your device,