CWM Custom Recovery for Lenovo S820
CWM Custom Recovery for Lenovo S820 – Installing custom recovery is the next step after successful rooting your #Lenovo #S820, ClockWorkMod, morecommonly know as CWM is the most famous custom recovery for Android phone it allow users to perform several advanced recovery, installation, advanced backup restore and maintenance android device that are not possible with stock recovery. At this moment changing recovery module or customize android system file is prohibit and may cause void warranty so do this with your our risk.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial.
- Download and install Mobileuncle MTK Tools
- Download Lenovo-S820_ROW_130922__recovery_020101-004132
- Download and install Root Explorer
- Your Lenovo S820 must has been Rooted, if you need guide how to rooting Lenovo S820 please read the other page on this blog
- Open Root Explorer, rename Lenovo-S820_ROW_130922__recovery_020101-004132 file to recovery.img and move it to root of your sd card.
- Still on Root Explorer navigate to /system then make backup your recovery-from-boot.p this file is your current stock recovery don’t ever lose it.
- Now we are ready to install custom recovery, Open Mobileuncle MTK Tools and select Recovery Update, recovery.img or lenovo-S820_ROW_130922__recovery_020101-004132.img will on select list just select it and begin to installation.
- Wait until Done information show up, and Reboot into Recovery option show up, select OK, your device will automatically reboot into recovery mode.