Custom Recovery TWRP for Lenovo S850, How to Install on Lenovo S850
Custom Recovery TWRP for Lenovo S850, How to Install on Lenovo S850 – This is the second guide installing custom recovery on Lenovo S850, the first is installing custom recovery TWRP with version 220.127.116.11.
Today i will post how to installing custom recovery on Lenovo S850 TWRP with version 18.104.22.168 that on the source article it say it will fix touch problem on some device when installing custom recovery TWRP v22.214.171.124. Not like the version 126.96.36.199 on this guide it only addressed for Lenovo S850 installing with international firmware version and for china version i am still not have yet.
This guide using fastboot method to install the custom recovery, it like new method in my blog because i never use this way and i hope it lot easier to follow than the other method, but be careful and prepare backup first.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial.
Please do your own backup preparation before starting following this guide. (DWYOR)
- TWRP_188.8.131.52_ROW_recovery_MOD_S207 ↦ custom recovery from user mixon1222, on the description it say touch working for ROW firmware version S207
- TWRP_184.108.40.206_ROW_recovery_MOD_S211 ↦ custom recovery from user AndeyJean, on the description it say touch working for ROW firmware version S211
- fastboot-recovery ↦ tool needed to flash the recovery.img to Lenovo S850, this is the easiest way to flash recovery on Lenovo S850
- First you must install ADB driver, you see how to install ADB driver from here
- Then you need to enable USB debugging option, this can be done with :
- Connect your Lenovo S850 to computer, slide down the notification bar, choose USB connection options, then put check on next on USB Debugging.
- Or you can go to System Settings ↦ Developer Options ↦ give check on USB Debugging.
- Extract fastboot-recovery and TWRP to the same folder, ie c:LenovoS850
- Go to c:LenovoS850 and then run flash.bat
- It will show command prompt and run the script on flash.bat
- Just wait until finish then your device will reboot automatically
- Done. Confirm that custom recovery already installed on your device go to recovery mode with combination button (Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down) or using MTK droid tool or else.