Apricorn’s new Aegis Secure Key 3NXC hardware-encrypted USB stick with a built-in USB-C connector and host-free onboard keypad authentication
Apricorn has released its new Aegis Secure Key 3NXC hardware-encrypted USB stick with a built-in USB-C connector. Up to now Apricorn only made Aegis Secure Key USB drives only for Type-A ports. With the launch of Aegis Secure Key 3NXC, users can use the only hardware-encrypted USB stick in the market with their Type-C compatible devices like laptops, smartphones, tablets, hubs without a separate A-to-C adapter.
The Aegis 3NXC is the only hardware-encrypted USB drive in the market and is compatible with Windows, Linux, macOS, Android operating system, and even Nokia’s Symbian OS. The Aegis Secure Key 3NXC comes in six memory versions, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB and are priced from $59.00 – $179.00. If you order more than $200 you get free shipping.
With work from home becoming the norm these days due to the coronavirus pandemic, Aegis 3NXC provides the perfect solution for individual users and corporates to store and transfer their confidential data. Aegis 3NXC can be used to store almost any file type safeguarding business or personal data with an onboard keyboard. Aegis 3NXC automatically encrypts all information with military-grade AES XTS hardware encryption as soon as the user uploads it to the USB stick.
The security and operational advantages of the Aegis Secure Key 3NXC include:
- No software – Hardware-based encryption so there’s nothing to keylog or to hack.
- OS-agnostic – the Aegis USB stick works on all operating systems
- Onboard keypad – all authentication takes place within the device itself.
- All data, passwords, and encryption keys are 256-bit encrypted at rest.
- No host computer is involved in setup, authentication, or encryption.
- Forced enrollment – no default PINs ensures that data is not put at risk by employees who fail to change a factory set PIN before deployment.
- IP-68 validation against water and dust damage.
- Separate administrator and user access best suitable for corporate users.
- Read-only options that can be enforced by the administrator or set by the user if allowed by policy.
- Highly configurable with a policy such as time out values, Data recovery PINs, and programmable PIN lengths.
- Brute force PIN attack protection.
- High -speed USB 3.2 (3.0) data transfer speeds
- Minimum physical damage as it comes with a rugged extruded aluminum enclosure
- Ability to automatically configure multiple devices remotely using Apricorn’s Aegis Configurator tool.
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validation is expected shortly
You can order the Aegis Secure Key 3NXC from here.