Apple has now officially released iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 Public beta, here is how you can download it on your device
As you all know for the first time in history Apple conducted its WWDC event online and announced its upcoming technologies. The company has now launched its new iOS version in the beta mode known as iOS 14 for its iPhone’s and iPadOS 14 for its iPad’s. According to the company, iOS 14 will come with multiple new features and improvements including no full-screen calls, New App Library, and much more.
This is the very first public beta released for iOS 14, and it goes without saying that the typical warnings related to experimental software are still standing. Don’t install this beta build unless you’re ready for bugs, as the purpose of the whole thing is to let you test the new operating system version before it’s released to production devices.
iOS 14 compatible Apple smartphones:
- iPhone 6s & 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (2016)
- iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 & 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS & XS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro & 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2020)
- …plus obviously the iPhone 12, 12 Max, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max will all come with iOS 14 preinstalled.
iOS 14 features:
- Compatibility with all devices able to run iOS 13
- Home screen redesign with widgets
- New App Library
- App Clips
- No full-screen calls
- Privacy enhancements
- Translate app
- Cycling and EV routes
How to download iOS 14, iPadOS 14 first public beta
- To download the first public beta users will have to enroll in the Apple Beta Software Program with their Apple ID.
- Once you have enrolled in the program then you can go to Settings>General>Software Update and start downloading the update.
- Before downloading the update make sure that your device has the latest 50% battery.
- Users can also read the FAQ section available on the website for their queries.
For more news on tech and cybersecurity stay tuned at Android Rookies by subscribing to our newsletter from here
Read more about iOS 14 features below: