Android smartphone Flashing Tutorial: Moto G
How to flash/root Android smartphone: Moto G
A custom ROM is a customized version of your Android smartphone. It helps you to customize your smartphone as you want. Flashing Android smartphone and upgrading it to latest version makes every Android Smartphone user look happy, as every Android smartphone user wants to be up-to-date and get new features and use them.
In this article, we will guide you about how to flash/root Android smartphone: Moto G. After flashing/rooting your Moto G you will be able to customize it as you want it to look like.
Note: Flashing/rooting your Android smartphone voids warranty and not following the flashing/rooting procedure properly may brick your Moto G Android smartphone.
Guide for flashing/rooting your Moto G
Download stock ROM of Moto G
Step 1. Choose a ROM of your liking.
Step 2. Click the download link in the ROM post to be taken to the developer’s page for that ROM.
Step 3. Search through the developer’s page for the download link for the latest version of that ROM (usually located in the first post in a forum or under Downloads).
Step 4. Save the ROM to your desktop of your computer.
Flash custom ROM on your Moto G device
1. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
2. Copy the Custom ROM .zip file from your desktop over to the root of your SD card.
3. Once it’s been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
4. Download and install Quick Boot on your device.
5. Once the app’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
6. Tap Recovery in the app and it’ll reboot your device into recovery mode.
In the recovery mode, the Volume buttons are used for navigation and the Power button to make a selection.
7. Select Backup and Restore.
8. Select Backup.
9. Hit Yes when prompted and wait for it to backup your device.
10. Once done, head back to the main menu by selecting Back.
11. Select Wipe data/factory reset.
12. Hit Yes when prompted and let it wipe off your device.
13. Once done, go back to the main menu by selecting Back.
14. Select install zip from sd card followed by choose zip from sd card.
15. Navigate to the root of your SD card and choose the Custom ROM .zip file you copied earlier to be flashed on your device.
16. Select Yes when asked if you really want to flash the selected file.
17. It’ll begin flashing the custom ROM on your device.
18. Once flashed, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
19. You’re all done! You have flashed/rooted your Moto G.