Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat Firmware for Lenovo S930 ROW Version
Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat Firmware for Lenovo S930 ROW Version – ROW version for Android Kit Kat 4.4.2 for Lenovo S930 already launched, before this guide i already posting how to upgrade Lenovo S930 with Vibe UI v1.5 but it in CN version, so only contains 2 language and no google applications. Row version is different, it has multi language and already contains Google Applications (Gapps) so rooting is not very necessary as we know rooting Android 4.4.2 is not easy as Android 4.2.2, and if you root your Lenovo S930 then you will not received OTA update. This guide is flashing tutorial so it will format your device and you can lose your data, this guide also has possibility to brick your device.
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S930_ROW_S215_140714
- Date Release : 14-07-2014
- OS : Android 4.4.2 (Kit Kat)
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Android 4.4.2
- Vibe UI v1.5 interface
- New system interface
- Speed up system interface
- Battery improvement
- S930_ROW_S215_140714 ↦ 1.03 GB, Contains full images files required to update your Lenovo S930.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP_Flash_Tool v5.1352 ↦ This is an optional download, when you download S930_ROW_S215_140714, it already include this tool inside it.
- Download and extract all required files, place it on one folder for easy organize it. Please make sure that you already successful install USB VCOM Driver before continued to next step.
- Now open SP_Flash_Tool v5.1352 and run Flash_Tool.exe if you are using windows 7 please run it using administrator privilege to avoid any error. On Flash_Tool.exe select Options ↦ Option ↦ Download ↦ DA DL All with Checksum please enable it or check it.
- Click on Scatter-Loading button and point it to S930_ROW_S215_140714/target_bin/MT6582_Android_scatter.txt this action will automatically load all required files to Flash_Tool.exe. Wait the program until finish initialized and change the operation mode from Download Only to Firmware Upgrade
- Now click Download Button or hit CRTL+D, the program will be in stand by mode to connect with your device.
- Now turn off your device and remove the battery from your device. After that connect your device to your computer. Flash_Tool.exe will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, flashing process will be mark with RED, PURPLE, and YELLOW bar on the bottom the SP Flash Tool.
- Wait the process until you can see the GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of Flash Tool, it means that you already successful flashing your device and you can disconnect your device.
- Done, You have successful upgrade your Lenovo S930 with the latest firmware version, Confirm it with go to System Setting ↦ About Device check the Build Number it must be same with the downloaded firmware.