AMD releases Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition Graphics driver version 20.7.1 (20.20.01.08) Download now
The new driver version comes with support for Disintegration and Bug Report Tools but without Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling
AMD today released the latest version of its Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition Graphics driver. The new version 20.7.1 (20.20.01.08) which is available for both Windows 7/8.1 and Windows 10 operating system has support for Disintegration and Bug Report Tools but doesn’t support HAGS or Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling.
Considering how miserly AMD is when it comes to device driver updates, users would love to try this one out. The latest Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition Graphics driver version 20.7.1 has several fixes but the most important ones are listed below:
The new version fixes the hitching and stuttering when Instant Replay is enabled in Radeon RX 5000 series. It also fixes the performance drops encountered when Performance Metrics Overlay is open while a game is running in Radeon RX Vega and Radeon VII series. It also fixes the error message displayed instead of your stream preview when switching between tabs in Radeon Software while streaming. The “Oops something went wrong” appearing when clicking on the game compatibility tab is also fixed in this version.
The new version also fixes automatic default reset in custom fan and clock tuning when changes are made in the Radeon Performance Tuning tab. The latest Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition Graphics driver version 20.7.1 also fixes issues encountered by gamers when playing DOOM Eternal, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, League of Legends, Saints Row: The Third Remastered, DOTA 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and Final Fantasy XV.
Known issues with the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition Graphics driver version 20.7.1
Since it is AMD and it is never perfect, users will encounter several issues if they update their drivers to this version. The company has listed the following known issues:
- Performance Tuning Profiles saved from previous Radeon Software releases will no longer be compatible with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.1 and onward.
- Launching VR applications using the Oculus Rift™ headset may cause corruption or a system hang on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Performance Metrics Overlay and the Performance Tuning tab incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
- With HDR enabled, Windows® desktop may experience flickering, and performing a task switch while in a game may cause colors to become washed out or over saturated.
- YouTube playback may become frozen with Microsoft® Edge player and Chrome™ when played on an extended display on some AMD Ryzen™ 7 3000 series and AMD Ryzen™ 4000 series APU system configurations.
- Banners in Radeon Software may sometimes fail to show, and navigation buttons for those banners may fail to work.
- Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
- Previews for video content on Netflix® using Microsoft® Edge browser may fail to load or appear black.
- AMD is investigating isolated reports of intermittent system hangs while exiting system sleep on some AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Graphics.
In addition, the new version doesn’t have hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling and a user reported that the updating to the new version crashed his device after an hour of gameplay of Civilization VI while another reported that he encountered stuttering while playing Guild Wars 2.
If you still want to try out the new Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition Graphics driver version 20.7.1 you can download it from below. Do remember to reboot your PC/laptop after installing the new driver.Windows 10 64-bit (Desktop) AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.7.1 driver download Download Windows 7 / 8.1 64-bit (Desktop) AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.7.1 driver download