Alternative Custom Recovery for Lenovo S920 Carliv Touch 2.4
Alternative Custom Recovery for Lenovo S920 Carliv Touch 2.4 – Carliv touch recovery is an alternate custom recovery that can be use to modified or maintenance your device. This custom recovery also have function like any other custom recovery like CWM or TWRP. Carliv touch recovery work with Android Jelly Bean or with Android KitKat, so now you can install root on your Android KitKat through carliv touch recovery.
Even this guide already confirm to work with Android KitKat but there is still possibility that this guide can brick your device and make you lose your data. So please make your own personal preparation before following this guide, backup your current recovery and etc.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
- CTRv2.4_S920_CN_recovery ↦ 5.6 Mb, contains recovery.img for CN version firmware and scatter file for MT6589
- CTRv2.4_S920_ROW_recovery ↦ 5.8 Mb, contains recovery.img for ROW version firmware and scatter file for MT6589
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v5.1352 ↦ Tool for flash recovery.img to device, newest version.
- Download all required files and place it on one folder, make sure you downloaded the right version depend on your firmware. Make sure USB VCOM driver installed completely before continued to next step.
- Extract SP Flash Tool v5.1352 and CTRv2.4_S920_ROW_recovery (i am assuming you use ROW version firmware), on the same folder. Go to Flash Tool extracted folder and run Flash_Tool.exe, if you are running windows 7 please run it using administrator privilege. Confirm OK if you ask about the scatter does not exist on the first run.
- On the Flash_Tool click on Options ↦ Option ↦ Download ↦ make sure DA DL ALL with Checksum already checked, close the Option dialog to back to Flash Tool.
- Back to Flash_Tool again click Scatter-Loading button point it to CTRv2.4_S920_ROW_recovery extracted folder and select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, this action will make recovery.img automatically loaded on the Flash Tool.
- Leave Download Only option and then click Download button or hit CTRL+D, wait for 2-3 seconds then turn off your device and remove the battery. Connect your device to computer using USB cable.
- If USB VCOM driver installed completely Flash Tool will immediately start the flashing process, this process will only take 10-15 seconds and will be end with GREEN Circle in the middle of Flash Tool.
- Done, now you can disconnect your device and try to turn on. If you wanna go to Recovery Mode press and hold Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down until you can see Carliv Touch Recovery main menu.