A Guide to Flashing Official ROM Lenovo S860 Version S860_S122_140405 – Lenovo S860 is a new phone because of that there is still a few tutorial or guide on how to modified or how to flashing a original stock ROM. Because this reason i will try to post on How to Flashing Official ROM for Lenovo S860, this original ROM just support EN and CN languages only, no ROOT and no Gapps. But this is ROM use Android 4.2.2 so maybe it more easy to gain ROOT and install GAPPS.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- First because Lenovo S860 use un removeable battery so error in this process will make you open Lenovo S860 case and plug off battery connector. So i think this is a high risk tutorial better to consider it first before continued to next step.
- After finish downloaded all files needed to this tutorial now extract all files on the same folder, you will get S860_S122_140405 on this folder your you need extract again target_bin because all needed file is in here, SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183 and Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Driver
- First install the Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Driver to your computer, this is not an exe file so must be install manually.
- Now check for Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Driver are perfectly install or not, Turn off your device and connect to your computer. Look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager look for Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM if you can found it then you already successful install it.
- Discconect your device from your computer, don’t turn on your device. Now Open SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183, Check on DA DL All With Check Sum this is very important don’t forget. Now Click on Scatter-Loading and navigate to file S860_S122_140405/Target_bin/MT6582_Android_scatter_emmc.txt once you found the scatter file and select on it all field will be automated fill it.
- Now just hit the Download Button or press F9 the flash tool will start to initialized just wait a minute, Remember your device is turn off now connect your device to your computer. When driver install perfectly the flash tool will recognize the device and start to begin flashing process, it will mark with progress bar begin with RED BAR, and after a minute or two YELLOW BAR and if it finish will be mark with GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool.
Warning : Don’t interrupt the flashing process, or your device will be brick